Our Journey to Outstanding!
Following our inspection in January 2014, where the college was judged as ‘Good’ in all areas, we had a follow up inspection in March 2016. Standards were checked and we continue to be a ‘good’ school, with fabulous students and strong leadership and management at all levels. Inspectors found:
- Students had good relationships with their teachers and demonstrated positive attitudes to their learning.
- Higher proportions of Key Stage 4 students are likely to make the progress expected of them in their GCSE subjects, particularly in English and Mathematics, this year.
- Senior leaders have put into place effective strategies to raise the achievement and attendance of disadvantaged students.
- Achievement in the vocational subjects in the sixth form is very good.
- The College has robust systems in place for monitoring the quality of teaching.
- Teachers had good subject knowledge and created activities that engaged with students’ interest, enabling them to make progress in their understanding.
- Teachers provided opportunities for students to tackle increasingly difficult tasks so that they might further develop their understanding and skills.
- The Principal has maintained a sharp focus on ensuring that the College’s provision meets the needs of its students and enables them to make the progress that they should.
- She has set high expectations both of her students and of her staff.
- Governors are ambitious for the College and are insistent that the College’s provision should meet students’ needs and prepare them well for the next stage in their education, training or employment.
Our success is a testament to the hard work, dedication and support of all of those linked to the College. We are delighted with what we have achieved and will continue to work tirelessly to fulfil our commitment to deliver excellence for our students and be the best that we can be!
You can view our Ofsted report here.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss a place for your child at the college. Please note that we are currently full in some year groups.